This unique program offers the blended benefits of homeschooling and the Christian school.
The ISP is designed to:
- Offer students the opportunity to be enrolled at LCCS
- Support and encourage parents as educators
- Encourage fellowship among students and families
- Extend opportunities to students for extracurricular activities
- Provide resources and services such as curriculum and assessment
Rationale for the Program
- ISP is consistent with the mission statement of LCCS to assist Christian families and their churches in the equipping of students for lifelong learning and service to Christ.
- The ISP offers accountability and credibility through a family coordinator who is a licensed teacher experienced in home education and the classroom.
- The ISP gives opportunity for a Christian education with a Biblical Worldview for students whose families may not chose to attend full-time on campus at LCCS for various reasons such as a desire to develop a more individualized education for each child, health concerns, financial limitation, travel options, or specific pursuits of a child such as athletics or fine arts.
- ISP offers diversity in curriculum and teaching methods not offered in the traditional classroom while still following solid educational practices.
- Christian character development by direct parent oversight and Biblical instruction may benefit some students at various stages of development.
- Academic excellence can be achieved utilizing a variety of resources and assessment tools.
- Service opportunities that are family and church initiated can happen on a schedule that is not confined to the regular school schedule or calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do I have to have a teaching degree to participate in the ISP program?
A. No, a teaching degree is not required. Parents must have at least a high school diploma.
Q. Do you offer classes for ISP students?
A. Yes, we do weekly classes for ISP students in K-6.
Q. How do I choose which curriculum is best for my family?
A. As an Independent Studies Program family you will be assigned a Family Coordinator to assist in making curriculum choices. We do not require you to use specific curriculum.
Q. Do you arrange field trips?
A. Yes, we arrange quarterly field trips for grades K-6.
Q. Can my student be involved in LCCS activities such as sports, music programs, & drama?
A. Yes, the activities that are available to ISP students are published as part of the HELP Program.
Q. What about testing?
A. Terra Nova testing is available and required for each student in the ISP.
Q. Will my student receive an LCCS grade card?
A. Yes, all ISP students, grades K-6 receive quarterly LCCS grade cards.
If your question is not answered here, please feel free to contact Sheryl Roberts at 330-877-2049, Ext. 342 or at firstname.lastname@example.org